This is a super easy and delicious recipe! All you need is some soy sauce, brown sugar (or you can use honey), garlic, ginger, oil, black pepper – and chicken of course 🙂
The recipe is Asian-inspired because I used the ingredients typically used in most Asian meals – ginger, garlic and soy sauce…The trick of this recipe is in the marinade, so the longer you leave the chicken in the marinade, the better.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( I like my chicken to be flavourful. You can skip the salt if you don’t want too much salt; the soy sauce has enough salt already)
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (you can use any oil)
- 8 pieces of chicken pieces (preferably the drumstick and thigh portions)
1. In an oven-proof dish, mix together all the ingredients, except the chicken. Then place the chicken pieces into the marinade and make sure the chicken pieces are coated well with the marinade.
2. Cover the dish and leave the chicken to marinate in the mixture for about 2 hours. You can turn the chicken pieces around after an hour. For even better results you can leave the chicken to marinate overnight in the fridge.
3. After 2 hours remove the cover and place the oven-proof dish, with the marinated chicken, into a pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until the chicken turns crispy golden brown.
4. Remove dish from oven and serve. You can use the left over marinade as a side sauce or drizzle over the chicken.