This is by far one of my favourite home-cooked “comfort food” meals 🙂
Last night I was in the mood for pork chops and of course mashed potatoes always goes very well with pork. Most of the time I usually make plain mashed potatoes with milk and butter, but this time around I wanted to add a little twist to my mashed potatoes.
I then found a recipe online for garlic parsley mash, so I gave it a try and the results were what I was hoping for… yummy home-cooked goodness 🙂
So this is how I made my mash…
- 4 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of garlic flakes (I used the dried up one)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes (I used the dried up one)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- half a cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Throw these into a pot of water, add 1 teaspoon of garlic and boil potatoes until tender. Drain and mash potatoes.
2. In another pot, heat butter, milk, parsley and 1 teaspoon of garlic until the butter has melted.
3. Add the butter & milk mixture to your mashed potatoes and mix until you have soft, fluffy mashed potatoes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can sprinkle a few flakes of parsley to garnish.
This is how I made my pork chops…
- 4 pork loin chops
- Fish spice (key ingredient 🙂 )
- Steak & chops spice
- Salt & pepper
1. Rub the pork chops with oil; just enough to coat each chop. Spice it up with fish spice, steak & chops spice and salt and pepper.
2. Use a roasting pan with a grill rack. Pour about half a cup of water in your roasting pan and place the grill rack above it. The water will ensure that your chops come out tender. Make sure that the water doesn’t touch the grill rack. Place your spiced chops on top of the grill rack.
3. Bake chops at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. Turn them over once after 10 minutes.
4. Then grill them for about 10 minutes at 160 degrees. Turn them over once after 5 minutes.
5. Once they are crispy and brown to your liking, you can remove them and plate them with the mashed potatoes.