I actually made this bread for the first time a while ago and I was so happy at how well it came out. So I then tried it again when I had visitors over the weekend and everyone loved it 🙂 I unfortunately did not have a chance to take a picture of all the ingredients since I was busy hosting but the instructions are very easy to follow.
I found this recipe at the back of the Woolies self raising flour packet which I had bought from our local Woolworths Food store. I had made chicken stew that day and I wanted to pair it with steamed bread but I then decided to rather try out this recipe since it looked so easy and quick!
- 500g self raising flour
- 5ml salt
- 10g instant dry yeast
- 120g lukewarm water
- 1 tin of creamed style sweetcorn
- 100g butter, melted
- 60g chillies, pitted and chopped [you can use 30g of chillies if you don’t want it to be too spicy; so that is about one chilli]
- 2g parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Sift the flour and salt together and add yeast, corn, chillies, parsley and mix together.
2. Add enough water and butter and knead on a floured surface until smooth.
3. Place in a greased bread tin (22 x 12 cm) and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
4. Bake for 45 minutes and cool on a cooling rack.
And this is how it came out…
The smell of freshly-baked bread is the best! 🙂